To celebrate the holidays and thank all of you who have taken the time to read and support our work here, Rick and I are holding the first Progressive Blogic Be The Change contest. We will donate $25 to the charity or cause of choice (options listed below) of the person who guesses the date when we had the most hits on the blog. Here are the rules:
1. The dates in question range from Nov. 1, 2010 (the day we went live), to the present day, Dec. 6.
2. Reply to this post with your guess. Only one per person, please. Ballot box stuffing is prohibited.
3. The contest will be open for one week, starting today, Dec. 6, and ending at midnight Dec. 13.
4. At the end of the week, we will announce the winner. Please note, we will not be responsible for the instant fame and adulation. Future security from groupies and paparazzi is your problem.
5. If two or more people guess the right answer, the winner will be the person who replied first. If no one guesses correctly, the winner will be the person with the closest guess.
6. We will be in touch to let you know you won and to find out where you would like the money to go. Change.org has a Holiday Gift Guide here that you may pick from. You may also choose one of the following charities: American Red Cross, Oxfam, Doctors Without Borders, Feeding America, Unicef, Teach for America, Habitat for Humanity, Make a Wish Foundation, Save the Children, or National Coalition for the Homeless. We will provide proof in the form of a receipt from the charity that the money was in fact donated.
This is a great way to help out if your own funds are short this year. We also hope it will be a fun way to get in the holiday spirit. So put on your thinking caps and get your guesses ready!